Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A weekend up North

                                    Kurt and baby Max
    
                                                                    
Over the weekend, we were able to go up north and see our nephew Max for the first time for his blessing. It was so good to see everybody, both on the Gardner side       and Mikkelson side. We had a wonderful dinner at Goodwood on Friday night and then the boys all went to the Jazz game. It was Kurt's first time to see a live game. Too bad they lost, that's a bummer. While Kurt was at the game I went home and spent some time with my mom, it was nice to catch up on things and to hang out just her and I. Only because everyone else was gone. Just kidding. On Saturday, Kurt helped his brother, Troy move into his new apartment which happens to be about 5 minutes away from where my mom lives. While Kurt did that, my mother and I went shopping at Gardner Village, that was fun and it was actually really nice weather outside, which was good because you have to walk from store to store. Chad and Melinda, Kurt's brother and wife, came over on saturday night and we played games with my family.  And Sunday finally came, the day we were all waiting for! Max's baby blessing! He is way adorable and are glad that he is doing good. It was fun to play with all the nieces and nephews as well.
To make our trip more splendid, we were getting gas on our way home, and my phone fell out of my pocket right as Kurt was shutting the door for me. I always thought my phone was indestructable because I always drop it and the worst that happens is my battery falls out. Not this time, the door hit it at just the right time, it amazingly fell to the ground in one piece, but the inside screen was shattered. Goodbye phone. Luckily we were still in Draper so we went home and grabbed my old blackberry phone. We still laugh about it.

1 comment:

  1. Max looks completely out of it and not amused in that picture! haha, he kinda looks weird! Thanks for coming up, it was fun to see you guys and Max told me he loves you. That was a long day for the little buddy!

    ReplyDelete