Saturday, May 19, 2012

May

Since we have been back from California, it has been a little hard adjusting to working again. Kurt started school on the next day after we got back. At that time we were still waiting to hear if he was in the Business program or not. And we finally found out on Thursday. Kurt is officially in the program. He is such a hard worker and if he continues to take a full load, he might be able to graduate next spring, given that he would have to still take 4 classes over the summer. We are both excited about that, because that means only a year of school instead of like two. So we are hoping and praying that all works out and he passes his classes in order to that. We celebrated Kurt's 23rd birthday on thursday by going to eat at Cheesecake Factory at City Creek and then just wandered around there. It's sad that we live so close and that is the first time that we have been there since it opened. We didn't get the chance to look in any stores, but it is a really cool mall and plan to go there again in the near future.







Like I mentioned in past posts, my friend from work couldn't do the Ogden half marathon, so I took her place. It didn't really hit me until yesterday, and that's when I started getting nervous. Kurt and I ran 10 miles two weeks before, and that was rough, but we still did it. I was just super dead, and there was no way I could've run 3 more miles after that. My sister in law Amy was running it too, so luckily her parents live in Ogden and so we were able to stay the night at their house, or else we would have to of had to left super early this morning, because we needed to get on the bus around 5:30. Which means we had to wake up at 4 this morning just to eat breakfast and get ready. It was super cold after we got off the bus in the mountains in Ogden. I clearly did not dress warm enough at that time but it was all good once I started to run. The first couple of miles my feet were still unthawing from being so cold and numb. But the view was so pretty. It was a small decline practically the whole way, there was one small little hill, but for the most part it was really good. Around mile 6, I finally got into my groove and was flying. Which is weird for me, because you would think that by that time, you would be slowing down and a little bit more tired. But I felt really good. It wasn't until mile 10 that I just kept telling myself that there were only 3 more miles left. Because around that time my feet starting killing me and I knew I would have some gnarly blisters on my toes and feet. And the last 3 miles were out of the canyon and on some small trial, which does not fit a lot of people on it. I felt like it was the beginning again, weaving in and out of people because there was not a lot of room. When my watch hit 13.1 miles, my time was around 1:58, however I was not to the finish line yet. By the time I hit the finish line it had been 13.4 miles and my time was 2 hours and 55 seconds. It is better than may last half that I did a year and half ago and still pretty good considering I only found out I was doing it  4 weeks prior, but I still like to stay my time was 1:58.  I just hope that this run better prepared me physically and mentally for my next half in June.




No comments:

Post a Comment