Sunday, October 23, 2011

Save a Sister

Two weeks ago, I signed Kurt and I up for the save a sister 10k run. We thought oh it's only 6 miles, we will be able to train ourselves for that, no big deal. Well in those 2 weeks, we didn't run much. The most that we ran in a day was 4 miles. and I think total, we ran like 3 times in those 2 weeks. So we were just hoping it was not going to kill us. I mean 6 miles is not too bad compared to like 13. It was actually a really cool experience though. Before they started it, they gave people some balloons and had a moment of silence for those who have breast cancer and those who did not make it, then let the balloons go. The course we ran was not the easiest. It was like a roller coaster, going up hill and down hill. We definitely did not ready ourselves for that part. That was probably the most challenging part was just making it up the hills. But we made it! Our time was 54 minutes. Not too bad for not really being in shape at all. They had prizes for all of those in the different age groups. We had to wait for them to announce the the 5k runners first. (Which took forever) Kurt took 1st place in his age group for males and won a free something at Orange Peel and $20 off at the running center and I got 2nd in my age group for females. We were sort of surprised and shocked. It was a fun run though and for a good cause. Whipped us a little bit more in shape than we were before.




1 comment:

  1. WOHOO! way to go guys, that is awesome! 10k's are probably my favorite distance to run, no pressure and you can totally push yourself to get a good time!! I'm running the halloween half this week and I'm pretty sure I"m going to bomb. My longest run since my injury was 6.5 miles...oops! Way to go, see you guys around THanksgivingish!

    ReplyDelete