Thursday, June 2, 2011

Love, Death, Real Life, and Action


I've never been much of a reader, I've always loved reading, it was just hard for me to get into it. In the past months or so, I have been reading a ton! I guess that means I have been really bored or something. It all started out with wanting to read P.S. I Love You. I like the movie and so I thought I would read the book. Bad idea. Especially since I am married now. It is 10x worse being married and reading something like this. It just made my mind go in all sorts of directions and it wasn't good. But I kept reading because the book was obviously different than the movie, I felt like it was a completely different story. It was interesting, however I would never read it again, nor would I recommend it to anyone who is married. Watching the movie is fine, but when you read, the author explains all the emotions, in a movie it doesn't really say that, it just shows.
Charlie St. Cloud was my next book. I had always wanted to see the movie, but never got around to it. Everyone said it was kind of weird. I still haven't seen it, but I didn't mind the book that much. It had a different story line to it than most things I've read or seen. I still want to see the movie, partly because it has Zac Efron in it. It was a good book, but wouldn't read it again.
I am currently reading Soul Surfer. Kurt and I went and saw the movie back when it came out and I loved it. I wanted to just rent the book from the library, however, they only had one and I was on waiting list with 8 other people in front of me. That means I wouldn't have been able to have read it till like October. So Kurt bought it for me for my birthday. I am only a few pages in, but I am excited to see how it is. I always love reading true stories.
During the middle of all of these books that I read, Kurt and I are also reading a book together. One weekend when we went up north, we borrowed The Hunger Games. I had heard of them, but wasn't so interested in it from what I heard. My sister loved them. And so I decided to bring it home with us. We had 4 hours in the car and so I started there. Kurt didn't think he would be into them either, for one because its about a girl and he doesn't really like girl books. But we got really far into the book in 4 hours. And I think that he loves the book more than I do. We blasted through the first book within a week. Thank goodness my sister was coming down like the day after, because I didn't think we would read it so fast and didn't get the other 2 books. So my sister brought them down for us. We didn't read the second book as fast as the first one, now it's a little hard with school starting and all, but we try and read a few chapters a night.

1 comment:

  1. Wow girl you have read a ton. Fun blog! we were the same way about the hunger games- we didn't think we'd like them, but we also ended up reading them aloud on our trips between st. g and orem... good times :)

    ReplyDelete