Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Wonderful Season

Hooray for twenty eleven! Kurt and I both are so glad that twenty ten is behind us, we both decided nothing good happened that year and are looking forward to the adventures and experiences that this year will bring.
As far as the last couple of weeks, Kurt is very glad to have a break from school. It was hard to spend time with him while he was studying and preparing for his finals. We are both glad to have a little break from staying up until midnight doing his homework. He goes back this upcoming Monday and I am looking forward to when he will be done again. Kurt loves his job, selling cell phones in a kiosk at Costco. It is really convenient because my work is just right across from there. We celebrated Kurt's first Christmas in 2 years.....up north. I think he was a little sad that it wasn't spent with his family, but he still had a very fun time spending it with my family. He fell in love with Harley, my little sister's dog. He so badly wanted to take her home with us. The only problem about that is his mother would not be very happy, she is not a dog person. For Christmas, I got Kurt the 6th season of the office, that is the one he hasn't seen yet, because no one had it to borrow. So we have been watching that for the last few days.
I was very excited to go home and see my family. I haven't seen them since my wedding and it has been a little hard on me. I do miss them a lot. Working at my job has been a good job. I am just a little frustrated with it lately. There is this thing called PTO or paid time off. The only way you can take a day off or even a vacation, is if you have the hours to be paid for it. There is no such thing as taking a day off and not getting paid for it. The hard part is, I only get an hour in a half each paycheck, which is every 2 weeks. So I was mad when it was time to go up north, I could only take Christmas eve off, because I only had 6 hours to cover for me. I have not taken a day off since our wedding, 2 months ago, and I don't even have the hours to take 2 days off. I am not going to quit, but let's just say I am looking for a better job. If that doesn't happen, then who knows.
 Katie's hair extensions that Kurt found.


Kurt and I woke up yesterday morning to find this white fluffy stuff all over our cars and the ground. It did snow a few days ago, but it was at night and it melted as soon as it hit the ground because it had just rain previous of that and Kurt had a fun time in both snow events. He had a snowball fight with his brothers and complained to me this morning that his arm hurt.
I may or may not have been lying when I said we want the year behind us, in fact it will be a year that we will always remember!

1 comment:

  1. What?! Since when do you have a blog?! I feel so out of the loop since I've had Max, all I do is feed him and try to get him to sleep. I'll try and post more, I get pretty lazy these days, I'm lucky if I shower. we will see you in a few weeks!! big gulps eh, welp see ya later!

    ReplyDelete