Thursday, January 20, 2011

School, Work, Exercise...No Play??

GOOD NEWS MINUTE: KURT & I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 3 MONTHS. WOO HOO
I was very sad the day Kurt went back to school. We were both enjoying the little break that he had and did not want it to end. While Kurt was at school, I had a few errands to run and found myself sitting at the college in front of my counselor talking about the classes that were needed to major in elementary education. A few classes were closed due to the fact that they were full. So I thought maybe I will try adding them, and if that doesn't work, then that was going to be my decision that I was not going to school. I had no idea this was going to happen, and so Kurt obviously didn't know until he came home from school. I just told him I talked to a counselor. I think the fact that I just talked and not even signed up for classes made him fall in love with me all over again. He was so excited I got that far. That night I was looking up the CRN numbers to put on the Add cards for those classes that were full, and I got my answer that I was supposed to go to school. All the classes I needed to take were open and did not interfere with my work nor the other classes. I am taking spanish 4x a week, 2 education classes and a human development class. I have been in school for 2 weeks, and I absolutely love it. I love my classes, I am learning so much and want to just keep learning more about the human development and with being a teacher. It is also nice that Kurt knows spanish so he can help me. Its only in exchange that I will help him with his math homework. The other thing that is nice is Kurt and I both have about the same schedule so we get to ride to school together. Probably sucks more on his part because he doesn't have class until nine, but I have spanish at 8. So he just goes to the library and does homework or whatever.
I have also been thinking a lot about my job and needed to know what I should do with it. I showed my work my school schedule and I almost feel like they weren't wanting to work with my schedule. Kurt and I have been talking about it for weeks, because I'm just not happy. Well since I am in school now, I can get a job there. I did find one working at a front desk doing....something. I'm not exactly sure yet. I hope it works out and I'm really excited about. We were informed that Kurt will be moving up to full-time once this semester is over and school is out. That will be nice to get a little bit more income especially because I will not be getting paid as much at this new job or working as many hours.
About one day left until our half-marathon. Yes, Kurt and I are running 13.1 miles on Saturday! I am a little nervous. We ran 10 miles on MLK Jr Day and I was done running at 9 miles. There was no way I could've run 3 more miles. But we are excited and to be honest, can not wait until it's over! Wish us good luck!! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! A half marathon!! AMAZING!!!!!!!! I'm a little mad you didn't tell me about it :) Hope all goes well with work and school and of course being married to kurt! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. School?! Half marathon?! What else do you have up your sleeve? I'm glad you got one of the Gardner boys to run. Troy keeps telling me he will do a half with me, but I'll believe it when I see it! Good luck with school and your new job! Enjoy school, sometimes I miss it....sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, that hat you are wearing in the first picture, I have it in yellow! twinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMBER i had no idea you were doing elementary education :) we should be teachers at the same elementary when we graduate!!

    ReplyDelete