Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Iowa = Good Birth Control

For Kurt's fall break, we decided to go visit my sister and her family in Iowa. It would be a nice relaxing week, especially after our marathon. Or so we thought it would be. Little did we know, that 730 is sleeping in, being woken up to crying children was a daily routine, and that my phone was no longer considered to be mine. This is what comes from two adorable nephews who I don't get to see. It may not have been what is called a relaxing week, but it was one of the best weeks ever. We didn't go out and do a whole lot, but I was constantly doing something within, whether it was playing with 2 year old KJ or holding 8 month old Kolt. One of the days we went to a pumpkin patch and rode on a wagon, had rubber ducker water races, rode small tractors, went down slides, did the teeter toter, played in kernals, and feed the goats.






It was an enjoyable fun time with the little ones. I also learned how to make a few dinners and was a little crafty while out there. I sewed some stuffed pumpkins for my fall decorations. On the weekend, we drove up to Minnesota to go to Mall of America. It was so big, we had to go back the next day. It was crazy insane in there. 



Dinner at Bubba Gumps

Transformer Lego = HUGE!

We Love Spongebob and Patrick

Like I said, it was a fun week filled with lots of fun and laughter. We were sad to leave to go back to our lives. :( But we were glad we were able to take that time to go, especially because when would we ever go to Iowa after they move? Probably never. So it was a once in a life time trip. Thanks for all who made it fun and memorable.


3 comments:

  1. We had more planned but some little 2 year old decided to fall off the playground and break his arm so we had to cancel a few things. Blame your "boring" week on KJ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun week yo! It's always fun being the fun aunt and uncle, and trust me, I bet your sister appreciated having you there!! I just read your marathon post, and I teared up a little!! Don't know if it's the hormones or what, but running a marathon is an amazing experience! I still think about mine and get a little emotional. The support and cheers you get mean so much while you are out there running your guts out til you die! haha. You guys are freakin' rockstars and I love ya!

    ReplyDelete