Sunday, July 1, 2012

American Fork Half Marathon

Support the fight against Cancer
Back in February, Kurt and I signed up for the American Fork Canyon Half Marathon with my sister and brother. Which both couldn't do it in the end and had to get some friends to do it. This is the one that is about our half way mark for our marathon. It was really rough getting up at 3 in the morning to catch a bus ride up to the canyon at 4 and waiting at the top for an hour until it started. I was feeling really good about it too, I had just ran the Ogden half a month ago and I felt pretty good on that one. This one was 7 miles brutally down hill, and 6 miles running on a paved trial through neighborhoods. I hate running through neighborhoods while during a race. I wanted to beat my Ogden time because I felt like I was more prepared for this one and in better shape. Which I was, but the downhill was pretty steep and killed me by the time I was done with it. I didn't finish with what I wanted, but I still beat my Ogden time. Kurt did really good, he ran it in 1:43:29 and I finished in 1:56:01. Having a run like this makes me really nervous for the full. I hope though that I will be really prepared and can only pray that I don't get hurt and that my feet don't blister early on like they did with this on.

No comments:

Post a Comment