Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Old Farts

My grandparents are the best grandparents anyone could ask for. I am truly grateful for them and am glad that they were able to come down here and spend a little time with them. I miss them a lot while they are up north and we are down here. They are both so loving and grandpa, he always has lots of good advice about life and marriage, money, you name it, he has it. Grandma knows everything there is about the gospel, any kind of reading, she knows it all. They both know so much about life and it's nice to have them be there to give us a little bit of it.
While they were here, we were able to eat breakfast at Bear Paw, some place I had never been before. On Sunday they came over and enjoyed a delightful dinner of Taco Soup, thanks to Kaysie for the recipe and ingredients. And on Monday, we were able to enjoy a nice lunch at the Painted Pony, another place that I had never been. It was really delicious and it was so nice to just spend some grandparent alone time. So sad to see them go home.

1 comment:

  1. I love them!! They are sweet to us! I loved how they took Chase out to lunch for his birthday. He was so excited about it. And we all know that 'Bampa' is Ashlyn's favorite! So glad they have become our grandparents too....heaven knows we needed them!!

    ReplyDelete